Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Target beauty goes green



O Target, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways.

There is this fantastic Target half a mile from my home. It was just built a year or so ago and is large, bright, clean and full of wonderful stuff. One of the (many) reasons I prefer Target over the other big box stores is because they have a nice selection of organic foods in their Archer Farms proprietary line. Now they are starting to carry several fantastic organic/natural beauty brands, too.

I stopped dead in my tracks yesterday when I came across half an aisle devoted to Burt’s Bees, Giovanni, Otopia, Avalon, Dr Bronner’s, Bumble and Bumble, Purology, Jason Natural Cosmetics, Alba, Kiss My Face... I am not kidding. Tons and tons of products from brands you would pay top dollar for at Sephora.

And then I nearly had a heart attack and died right there at the Target when I saw they had many of these for sale in travel sizes! These are perfect for trying out a new product to see if it will work for you, before buying that huge bottle of Dr Bronner’s Lavender Pure Castille Soap. So. Freaking. Awesome. Plus, since I travel so much on business, I can reuse the travel-size packages after refilling them since they are the perfect size for a suitcase, or even stashing in your tiny little quart-size carry-on plastic bag.

It’s not like I needed another reason to stop by this store every day, but there it is anyway.

No comments: